Saturday, May 03, 2008

Laura's room - the home stretch

Fast forward to this weekend. The last pictures were the ceiling drywall going up. I put one last piece up myself (just to say I participated) then at the last minute I decided my lack of grip and finesse wasn't up to the task of mudding and taping the drywall, so an emergency call to our friend Tom got him over from Tuesday to Thursday for the three coats of mud.

After some intense haggling (about a minute) we gave him a bit of money and since I saw he was eyeballing my drywalling tools, I let him have them! I don't figure to need them anymore and it was a good, well deserved bonus for Tom.

Last night and this morning I discovered how annoying sanding drywall is, but it was nice to finish. We put up the primer this afternoon, and the pictures below show how excited Laura is to get the first bit of paint on. We'll finish the first colour tonight, give it some time to dry then tomorrow afternoon the white goes up on the other walls and voila! A finished room, just a light to install, a door to paint, and oh yeah, a whole bunch of stuff to put back in the room!




No comments:

A cheesy American game


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
1,479
people with my name
in the place under Canada

How many have your name?